In a shocking move at a strange time, Tulane offensive coordinator Dan Dodd has resigned to take a job as a high school athletic director and head football coach. This has to be tough for the Green Wave, who are looking to make a big move into contention in Conference USA. With spring practice completed and summer workouts just weeks away, it is a bad time to have to bring in a new coordinator, so expect a position coach, likely TE coach Doug Lichtenberger or OL coach Mark Hutson, both of whom have experience as a coordinator at smaller schools. That being said, Dodd also coached quarterbacks, so head coach Bob Toledo will likely look for someone to fill that role. The coaching tree has come up with the following potential replacements:Phil Earley - ex-Idaho State Offensive Coordinator
- Offensive coordinator at Nevada from 2000-03. Doug Lichtenberger was the tight ends coach at Nevada in 2000.
- Offensive coordinator at Idaho in 1998 and '99. Lichtenberger was a graduate assistant with the Vandals in 1999.
- OC at Cal Poly from 1994-96, where Lichtenberger was an offensive lineman on the team from 1994-98.
- Played quarterback at UCLA from 2001-05. Bob Toledo was the Bruins' head coach from 1996-2002.
- Assistant at Eastern Illinois from 2005-07, where he coached quarterbacks, receivers, and was the offensive coordinator in '07. Mark Hutson was the offensive coordinator at EIU from 2003-05 before becoming head coach in 2006.
Steve Brickey - Bryant University Offensive Coordinator
- Coached quarterbacks at Eastern Illinois in 2005, Mark Hutson's last year as offensive coordinator before becoming head coach in 2006.
- Played QB at Tulane from 1995-98.