Rick Kaczenski has left Iowa and reportedly will be the new defensive line coach at Nebraska. Here is our list of some possible replacements as the Hawkeyes' DL coach:
Ron Aiken - Arizona Cardinals Defensive Line Coach
- DL coach at Iowa from 1999-2006, Kirk Ferentz' first eight years as head coach at Iowa.
- DL coach at Vanderbilt in 1995 and '96, where he worked on staff with Eric Johnson, who was a graduate assistant for the Commodores.
- Would more than likely have to be named defensive coordinator in order to be lured back to Iowa.
Bob Fraser - Rutgers Defensive Coordinator
- LB coach at Allegheny College in 1997 under head coach Ken O'Keefe.
- DL coach at Holy Cross from 1992-95, where he worked with Iowa strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle, who was the team's offensive line coach.
- Graduate assistant at Allegheny College in 1985 and '86. O'Keefe came to Allegheny as OL coach in 1986.
- Rutgers Defense 2011 Rankings (and Iowa's rank):
- Run D - 57 (64)
- Pass D - 11 (68)
- Total D - 14 (67)
- Scoring D - 12 (42)
- Turnovers Forced - 5 (37)
- Would likely have to be named defensive coordinator to bring him in.
Chris Rippon - Marshall Defensive Coordinator
- Coached at Syracuse from 1992-2004. Lester Erb was an assistant at Syracuse from 1994-96 and Erik Campbell was the WR coach in '94.
William Inge - Buffalo Defensive Coordinator
- Worked as the recruiting coordinator at Iowa from 1998-2000, spending two years on Kirk Ferentz' staff.
- Played DL at Iowa from 1993-96.
Carlton Hall - Houston Defensive Line Coach
- Played linebacker at Vanderbilt from 1994-97, where Eric Johnson worked as director of football operations (1994) and graduate assistant (1995-98). Also, retiring Iowa DC Norm Parker was his position coach at Vandy.