Scot Loeffler left the Temple staff to become the new offensive coordinator at Auburn. Also, Zach Smith took the receivers opening at Ohio State. With two openings on staff, the first priority is to find the next offensive coordinator. Here are a few names who may be in the mix as potential candidates:
Karl Dorrell - ex-Miami Dolphins Quarterbacks Coach
- Offensive coordinator at Washington in 1999 after four seasons as the OC at Colorado. He also coached receivers at Colorado in 1992 and '93. Chuck Heater was on the Colorado staff from 1993-98 and went, along with Dorrell, to Washington in '99.
Kirk Ciarrocca - ex-Richmond Quarterbacks Coach
- Offensive coordinator at Delaware from 2002-07. He worked with Ben Albert, who was the LB coach at Delaware in 2006 and '07.
- Graduated from Temple and began his college coaching career as a graduate assistant at Temple in 1990 and '91.
Brian White - Florida Running Backs Coach
- TE coach at Florida in 2009 and '10, where he worked on staff with Steve Addazio, Chuck Heater, Justin Frye, and Sean Cronin.
- Graduate assistant at Notre Dame in 1988 and '89, when Heater was the DB coach for the Fighting Irish.
Lester Erb - Iowa Running Backs/Special Teams Coach
- Assistant at Syracuse from 1994-96. Steve Addazio was the TE coach at Syracuse in 1995 and '96 before taking over the offensive line in 1997.
- Played WR at Bucknell from 1987-90. Director of football operations Ed Foley played OL at Bucknell from 1985-88.
Mark Carney - Bowling Green Wide Receivers Coach
- QB coach at Richmond from 2004-07, where he spent one year on staff with Ben Albert, who coached the Spiders' defensive line and special teams in '04.
- Played QB at Fordham from 1998-2001 and joined the coaching staff as QB coach in 2002 and '03. Ed Foley was the offensive coordinator at Fordham from 1999-2003.