Terrell Williams has left the Texas A&M staff to become the new defensive line coach for the Oakland Raiders. Here are a few possible candidates to fill the opening on the Aggies staff:
Jim Heacock - ex-Ohio State Defensive Coordinator
- Replaced Mark Snyder as defensive coordinator at Ohio State in 2005 when Snyder became head coach at Marshall. Prior to that, Heacock worked on staff with Snyder as DL coach for four seasons.
DJ Eliot - Florida State Defensive Ends Coach
- DL coach at Rice from 2007-09. In '07 he worked on staff with David Beaty, who was the team's WR coach.
- Graduate assistant at Wyoming in 1999 after playing LB for the team from 1995-98. Matt Wallerstedt was the DL coach at Wyoming from 1997-2002.
Buddy Wyatt - Kansas Defensive Line Coach
- Spent the 2011 season as defensive coordinator at Kansas, where he worked on staff with David Beaty.
- Has had two stints already as DL coach at Texas A&M, first from 2000-02 and again in 2008 and '09.
- DL coach at Minnesota from 1993-95. Kevin Sumlin was the Gophers WR coach from 1993-96.
Fred Pagac - Texas A&M - Commerce Defensive Line Coach
- Played LB at Ohio State from 1999-2003. Mark Snyder was his defensive coordinator his final three seasons with the Buckeyes.
- Not the most experienced coach, but a good fallback candidate at such a late time to find a new coach.
Other names in consideration:
- Craig Naivar, Texas State Defensive Coordinator
- Spent two years on staff at Rice with David Beaty.
- Ron Burton, Air Force Defensive Line Coach
- Worked with Matt Wallerstedt the last four seasons at Air Force.
- Romeo Bandison, ex-Colorado Defensive Line Coach
- Former DL coach at Boise State, spending three years on staff with Marcel Yates.
- George Barlow, ex-New Mexico Defensive Coordinator
- Played DB at Marshall with Mark Snyder; has coached DL at James Madison.