With Luther Carr leaving the staff and Jason Gesser moving to QB coach, the Vandals need someone to coach running backs. Here are some potential candidates to fill the open position:
Dave Ungerer - ex-Washington State Running Backs/Special Teams Coach
- Spent the last two seasons on the Washington State staff with new Idaho OC Mike Levenseller.
Joe Wade - Fresno State Running Backs Coach
- RB coach at Eastern Washington from 2000-08, including one season as offensive coordinator. He spent one year on staff with Torey Hunter and three years with Eti Ena.
- Was retained by Tim DeRuyter at Fresno State. He probably won't leave, but being the lone holdover from the previous staff, there is a slight chance he may choose to start fresh somewhere else.
Al Pupunu - Idaho Tight Ends Coach
- Came to Idaho after two years as RB coach at Southern Utah.
- If moved to RB coach, one of the OL coach candidates such as Mitch Browning or Rich Rasmussen could fill the opening as TE coach.