Joe Barry has left USC to become the new linebackers coach for the San Diego Chargers. Here are some possible replacements to fill the opening on the Trojans staff:
Nick Holt - ex-Washington Defensive Coordinator
- Defensive coordinator at USC from 2006-08 and was the Trojans LB coach from 2001-03. During his time on staff, he worked with Lane Kiffin, Kennedy Pola, and Ed Orgeron.
- The Baylor-Washington game may haunt him for the rest of his career and prevent him from getting another opportunity as a coordinator, but he still has a solid resume as a position coach and would seemingly be a good fit back at SC.
Tim Skipper - Colorado State Linebackers Coach
- Was on staff at Fresno State from 2006-11. He spent four years working with John Baxter, who was the team's special teams coach from 1997-2009.
- Played LB at Fresno State from 1997-2000. Baxter was one of his coaches and Lane Kiffin was a student assistant in 1997 and '98.
David Corrao - Miami Dolphins Defensive Quality Control Coach
- Worked as a graduate assistant at Ole Miss in 2005 and '06 before being promoted to LB coach in 2007. Ed Orgeron was the Rebels' head coach from 2005-07.
Mike Haluchak - ex-Oakland Raiders Linebackers Coach
- Was an assistant coach under Monte Kiffin way back in 1982 at NC State.
- Began his coaching career at USC as a graduate assistant in 1976 and '77 after playing LB for the Trojans from 1976-70