Billy Gonzales - LSU Wide Receivers Coach/Passing Game Coordinator
- Has a very good chance to be promoted to offensive coordinator. If that happens, Les Miles will still need to fill the opening with a quarterbacks coach.
David Reaves - New Mexico Quarterbacks Coach/Passing Game Coordinator
- QB coach at Tennessee in 2009, where he worked with Frank Wilson, who coached receivers.
- Coached at South Carolina from 2003-08, working his way up from graduate assistant to safeties coach to quarterbacks coach. Ron Cooper coached at South Carolina from 2004-08.
Tim Salem - Central Florida Tight Ends/Special Teams Coach
- QB coach at Ohio State from 1997-2000. Greg Studrawa was a graduate assistant with the Buckeyes in '97.
- Coached running backs at Colorado State in 1990 and '91. Billy Gonzales was a freshman wide receiver at CSU in 1991.
- Was interviewed last off-season for the TE coaching job at LSU, which ultimately went to Steve Ensminger.
Morris Watts - ex-Miami (Ohio) Offensive Coordinator
- Offensive coordinator at Mississippi State in 2003. Ron Cooper was the team's defensive coordinator the same year.
- Offensive coordinator at LSU from 1995-98 in his second stint in Baton Rouge. He was the QB coach for the Tigers in 1983.
Jeff Horton - ex-Minnesota Offensive Coordinator/Interim Head Coach
- QB coach at Wisconsin from 1999-2005. Ron Cooper was the Badgers' defensive backs coach in 2002.
- Graduate assistant at Minnesota in 1984, where he worked with Cooper, who was also a GA with the Gophers.
Randy Sanders - Kentucky Offensive Coordinator
- Offensive coordinator at Tennessee from 1999-2005 after serving as a position coach with the volunteers from 1989-98. John Chavis was the LB coach at Tennessee from 1989-94 before becoming defensive coordinator (1995-2008).
Pep Hamilton - Stanford Wide Receivers Coach
- QB coach for the Chicago Bears from 2007-09. Brick Haley was the Bears' defensive line coach in 2007 and '08.