Randy Stewart is no longer the defensive coordinator at Fresno State. Pat Hill, who has been head coach since 1997, was thought to possibly be on his way out after a disappointing season, but Stewart looks to be taking the fall in order to buy Hill another year. LB coach Tim Skipper will take over coordinator duties for the remainder of the season. The coaching tree has come up with a number of potential replacements, some of whom may be more suited as position coaches, but may be worth a look to fill the coordinator position instead of making Skipper the permanent replacement:
Brian Norwood - Baylor Safeties Coach
- Graduate assistant at Arizona in 1990 and '91, where Pat Hill was the offensive coordinator at the same time.
- Coordinator Experience: Baylor, 2008-10
Corey Batoon - Arkansas State Cornerbacks Coach
- Defensive coordinator at Northern Arizona from 1998-2008. OL coach Derek Frazier coached the offensive line at NAU in 2005 before coming to Fresno State in '06.
Al Simmons - UTEP Safeties Coach
- Coached defensive backs at Cal from 2008-10, where he worked with Pete Alamar, who coached tight ends and special teams there from 2003-09.
- DC at San Francisco State in 1994, where he was on staff with Joe Wade, who coached the team's wide receivers.
- Defensive backs coach at Cal State-Hayward from 1986-93. Joe Wade coached the QBs there in 1992.
- Coordinator Experience: Idaho State, 1997; San Francisco State, 1994.
Ronnie Lee - ex-Minnesota Defensive Coordinator