John McDonnell left Idaho to become the offensive line coach at Tulane. Here are some possible candidates to fill the opening on the Vandals staff:
Gordie Shaw - ex-Hawaii Offensive Line Coach
- Coached at Minnesota from 1993-2006. Mark Criner was the linebackers and special teams coach at Minnesota in '06.
- DL coach at Idaho in 1989.
Steve Morton - ex-Washington State Offensive Line Coach
- OL coach at WSU in 2010 and '11, where he worked with new Idaho OC Mike Levenseller.
- Played OL at Washington State from 1971-74, and began his coaching career as a graduate assistant for the Cougars in 1975 before being promoted to TE coach in '77. Levenseller played WR at WSU from 1974-77.
Rich Rasmussen - ex-Washington State Tight Ends Coach
- Worked with Mike Levenseller on the Washington State staff from 2008-11.
- TE coach at Eastern Washington from 1998-2007. Eti Ena coached at EWU from 2003-05.
Michael Christianson - San Francisco 49ers Offensive Quality Control Coach
- RB coach at Portland State from 1996-99, where he worked on staff with Mark Criner, who was the team's DB coach and defensive coordinator during Christianson's time there.
Mitch Browning - ex-Akron Offensive Line Coach
- TE coach at Minnesota from 1997-2006, including two seasons as offensive coordinator. In his last year with the Gophers he worked on staff with Mark Criner.