Phil McGeoghan has left USF for a position with the Miami Dolphins. Here are some potential candidates to fill the opening on the Bulls staff:
Dwayne Dixon - Ohio Wide Receivers Coach
- WR coach at Florida from 1994-2004. He worked on the Gators staff with Carl Franks, who coached at Florida from 1990-98.
- Played WR at Florida and spent three seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so the opportunity to come back to Florida may be enough to bring Dixon to USF.
Mike Haywood - ex-Pitt & Miami (Ohio) Head Coach
- Head coach at Miami (Ohio) in 2009 and '10. Peter Vaas was his offensive coordinator in '09.
- Offensive coordinator at Notre Dame from 2005-08. Vaas was the QB coach at Notre Dame in 2005 and '06.
- Played at Notre Dame from 1982-86. Skip Holtz was a freshman WR for the Irish in '86.
- Is more of a RB coach than receivers, so if hired, expect him to coach the backs and Todd Fitch to shift over to receivers.
- Went through some legal issues, being fired shortly after being hired as head coach at Pitt. The domestic battery charges that were filed against him were recently dropped, so it's only a matter of time before he is back on the sidelines somewhere.
Jim Pry - ex-Dartmouth Offensive Coordinator
- QB coach at Duke from 2001-03, including two seasons as offensive coordinator under head coach Carl Franks.
Donnie Kirkpatrick - East Carolina Inside Receivers Coach
- Coached receivers at ECU under Skip Holtz from 2005-09.